Kerry Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre (KRSAC) have the following vacancies:
Counsellor/Psychotherapist for 3days (18 hours) weekly
A Sessional (Self-employed) Counsellor/Psychotherapist for 6hrs weekly to work with Male Survivors.
Info on the Centre:
Kerry Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre (KRSAC) provides a range of counselling & support services to women & men, and young people (aged 14 upwards) who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any time in their lives: We are unique as our services are free and are provided by a team of highly qualified professionals. The services include, face to face counselling, helpline counselling, support groups, garda and court accompaniment, advocacy, crisis intervention & supplemental services for supporters & significant others. We also deliver prevention & awareness programmes to young people in schools, colleges & other youth settings. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for all our clients
We are looking for dynamic and highly motivated individuals to join our team at KRSAC.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be fully qualified & accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI,ICP
• Have experience and/or training in working with sexual violence
• Have experience in working with adolescent and adult clients
• Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
• Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
• Periodically liaise with other professionals and organizations as appropriate and represent the organizations at meetings, seminars, presentations etc.
• Work as part of the Clinical Team.
• Report to the Manager
The successful candidate shall be required to:
• Work within the ethos and philosophy of KRSAC
• Receive ongoing external supervision.
• Actively participate in KRSAC internal meetings e.g. staff meetings, clinical meetings as appropriate.
• Periodically liaise with other professionals and organisations as appropriate.
• Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
• Keep up to date with best practice and procedures in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, PSI or equivalent governing body.
(Salary for this post is based on Professional Qualified Social Worker Scale = €40,619 to €59,053 pro rata)
Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form.
Applications for the above should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to: Manager@krsac.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 15th September 2020. (Interviews will be held in Early October 2020)
KRSAC is an equal opportunities employer