Kerry Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre (KRSAC) are recruiting a Fully Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
The Kerry Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre was opened in 1992 to provide professional, free counselling & support services to female and male survivors of all types of sexual violence. We are committed to delivering our services with care and professionalism and continue to strive to ensure that we provide the best service for all our clients.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our team at KRSAC.
(Part time – Two days a week – 12 hours on a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fully qualified & accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, ICP.
- Have experience in working with sexual violence.
- Have experience in working with adolescent and adult clients.
- Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organizations as appropriate and represent the organizations at meetings, seminars, presentations etc.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
- Report to the Manager
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of KRSAC
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assesments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
- Receive ongoing supervision.
- Actively participate in KRSAC internal meetings e.g staff meetings, clinical meetings as appropriate.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organizations as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP,IAHIP, PSI or equivalent governing body.
- Flexibility is required as you may be required to work outside of opening hours.
(Scale for this port is based on Professional Qualified Social Worker €38,819 – €56,889 pro rata)
Note: the successful candidate will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application form.
Please contact the Kerry Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre for an Application Form by email : email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th December 2017. Interviews will be held in Mid- January 2018